Saturday, August 12, 2006
Statement Templates
I have been working with e for some time, but since my background is much heavier in C and Verilog I still have brain blocks when coding in 3-4 languages every day. At such times I turn to the Statement menu in InnerLoop. The statements menu has templates for all of the common e statements with very easy entry boxes to type in the required names to fill in the template and lay in down in the code. This saves a lot of thinking and looking for similar code to do cut-and-paste when I can't remember the exact syntax of e. It also makes sure I don't end up with syntax errors when I go to compile.
Do you ever try to compile and get a syntax error? Unfortunately, I still do also, but I'm on the way to completely eliminating all syntax errors before compiling with InnerLoop. Next time I'll show you how.
Make sure to check out the Statements menu and request support for additional entries you think are useful.
I have been working with e for some time, but since my background is much heavier in C and Verilog I still have brain blocks when coding in 3-4 languages every day. At such times I turn to the Statement menu in InnerLoop. The statements menu has templates for all of the common e statements with very easy entry boxes to type in the required names to fill in the template and lay in down in the code. This saves a lot of thinking and looking for similar code to do cut-and-paste when I can't remember the exact syntax of e. It also makes sure I don't end up with syntax errors when I go to compile.
Do you ever try to compile and get a syntax error? Unfortunately, I still do also, but I'm on the way to completely eliminating all syntax errors before compiling with InnerLoop. Next time I'll show you how.
Make sure to check out the Statements menu and request support for additional entries you think are useful.
