Saturday, August 26, 2006
Installation of InnerLoop
One of the things I like best about InnerLoop is how fast and easy it can be installed.
The download is pretty big, but not as large as installing Specman or NCsim. I can download a new version of InnerLoop and install it in less than 7 minutes. Because InnerLoop doesn't depend on the version of Linux or the version of Java it's never any problem regardless of the type of machine I try to use.
Just extract the tar file and run the script named install.
When the legal verbage comes out as a more just hit q and type yes and enter the directory to install and it's done, that's it.
No configurator to run and no more funny questions.
I would guess Windows installation is different but I have never used InnerLoop on windows, hopefully it's just as easy.
There's something to be said for speed and simplicity when it comes to InnerLoop.
One of the things I like best about InnerLoop is how fast and easy it can be installed.
The download is pretty big, but not as large as installing Specman or NCsim. I can download a new version of InnerLoop and install it in less than 7 minutes. Because InnerLoop doesn't depend on the version of Linux or the version of Java it's never any problem regardless of the type of machine I try to use.
Just extract the tar file and run the script named install.
When the legal verbage comes out as a more just hit q and type yes and enter the directory to install and it's done, that's it.
No configurator to run and no more funny questions.
I would guess Windows installation is different but I have never used InnerLoop on windows, hopefully it's just as easy.
There's something to be said for speed and simplicity when it comes to InnerLoop.
